BBB Rating and Review Yelp Rating and Review Yahoo local Local Map City Search Dexknows Superpages Mojo Phoenix City Search Phoenix Yellow Pages Arizona Highway AZCentralShowrooms Contact Phoenix AZ Rent YouTube AZFamilty
Now for the Worlds Best Selection and Lowest Prices on Electric Home Care Products. Since 1964, we are the original manufacturer of the Electropedic Adjustable Bed and Adjustable Bed Mattresses. The WH2 is the World's Best Built Adjustable Bed. Select an Adjustable Bed Mattress for your personal use, and take a health break. Today, we have expanded intoBariatric Beds, Hospital Beds, Lift-Chairs, Massage Chairs, Scooters, Stair Lifts, Wheelchair & Scooter Lifts and Ramps, Wheelchairs and Wheelchair Elevators
People often want to know who makes the best stair lift. Power-Pedic will leave that decision up to you. We do, however, recommend you talk to the best experts here at Power-Pedic. We are your source for the best stair lift information, presented in an unbiased fashion to help you make the best stair lift decisions.
An electric stair lift can go by many names. Some people recognize one as a stair chair lift. To clarify, a stair chair lift is the same thing as a home stair lift or an electric stair lift . A stair chair lift can also come in many models from a few different stair chair lift manufacturers. Use Power-Pedic to find out all you need to know about how a stair chair lift will benefit you or a loved one. We’re confident that an electric stair lift will be one of the best investments you’ve made in a while.
WHAT IS A STAIR LIFT
A stair lift is a chair attached to a track that is bolted down onto a staircase. There are no structural changes made to the home. The lift can be used for carrying a person, laundry, groceries, or luggage up and down the stairs with a push of a button. Popular convenience features include swivel seats that turn away from the staircase, remote controls that send or call the lift to another floor, and a folding track at the lower landing to make the most out of small hallway space. The lifts plug into standard household outlets. Stair lifts can be placed on either side of the staircase.
WHY DO I NEED A STAIR LIFT?
1. Relieves the concern about the safety and comfort of your loved ones when you can't always be by their side.
2. Provides peace of mind that a loved one you are caring for will not fall down the stairs. Your loved one can enjoy all the comforts and amenities of the home they have grown to love over the years.
3. A stair lift will make your life, and the life of the person you are caring for, easier and safer for years to come.
4. Low cost alternative when stairs become an obstacle. When you compare the cost of adding a room to the first floor, moving to an assisted living center, or purchasing a one-story home, a stair lift is by far the most economical choice.
5. Stair lifts can be used for carrying things up and down a staircase, such as groceries, laundry, or luggage.
6. Walking up and down the stairs is one of the leading causes of falls in the home for people of any age.
7. Great solution if walking up and down stairs is a temporary obstacle.
8. Dramatically reduces the wear and tear on ankles, knees, and hip joints. Saves joint use for the activities you love to do.
STAIR LIFT FEATURES
1. Any Staircase, Anytime. Stair lifts can be installed on many different types of staircases: Straight, Curved, or Spiral.
2. Safety First! Stair lifts come with obstruction sensors so the lift can detect something in its path and automatically stops so you can remove it. They also include seat belts.
3. Ease of Use. Most stair lifts swivel at the top and bottom allowing the user to safely get on or off the lift. Remote controls are provided to call the stair lift up or down the stairs.
4. Blends into any home décor. Most stair lifts fold when not in use to provide easy access to the stairs. Many stair lifts offer different fabrics and colors so you can customize to your taste.
5. Options, Options, Options. Stair lifts come with many different options. Some have folding tracks, different controls, folding arms, and others that allow you to paint the rail the stair lift rides on.
Medicare does not cover stair lifts.
HOW CAN I AFFORD A STAIR LIFT?
There are many ways to finance a stair lift including loans, grants, financing offered by dealers, home equity loans, or reverse mortgages. Below is information on several options.
• Can a stair lift handle any stair lift configuration?
Stair lifts can be configured to handle any staircase. Most staircases are either straight, have a middle landing, or are curved/spiral. In some cases, a customer who has a middle landing can put 2 stair lifts in, one on the first set of steps and the other on the second set.
• Do I need to do anything special to prepare the home for a stair lift?
Not really, unless you don't have an electrical outlet to support the operation of the stair lift. In this case, you would need an electrician to install an outlet before the stair lift is installed. In some cases, the stair rail might need to be removed if it obstructs the operation of the stair lift.
• How is the stair lift secured to the home?
The stair lift is bolted down directly into the staircase. It requires rail brackets about every 3-4 ft.
• What is the difference between A/C and BOS? What are the pros and cons?
An A/C unit is operated from the standard household outlet. If the electricity goes out, the stair lift will not operate. There are no ongoing costs to support the operation of this unit like there are with the BOS.
• A BOS (Battery Operated System) is operated by standard 12V batteries. The BOS will operate if there is an electrical power failure for as long as the batteries last (typically 10 trips). Batteries for these lifts need to be changed annually. Typical cost for 12V batteries are $50-$75. 12V batteries are similar to those that operate children's Barbie or play cars driven on driveways.
• Will my stair lift operate if the power goes out?
An A/C operated unit will not operate after the power of the house is terminated. A BOS (Battery Operated System) will work for a limited time.
• How much space does a stair lift use?
When not in use, the lift can be folded up, maximizing space on the staircase for others. It takes up about 14" when folded and typically opens to about 25".
• Will a stair lift work for someone who also uses a wheelchair?
Stair lifts can be useful even for someone who has limited mobility. Convenience features built into some models include folding arms that push up and out of the way, adjustable seat heights, and soft, padded seats.
• How will the stair lift look in my home?
You can typically choose from a wide variety of colors and fabrics. Upholstery options include easy-to-care for vinyl and fabric. Chair and track colors can be chosen to blend with most home décors.
• What about safety features?
Key safety features on most stair lifts include a seat belt, obstruction sensors that will stop the lift should something block its path, a swivel seat lock that holds the unit in place while you get on or off. Constant pressure controls ensure the lift will stop if you release your finger from the controls.
• Are stair lifts easy to care for?
Yes. Stair lifts are designed to last for many years. Most stair lifts come with a manufacturer's warranty.
• Can a stair lift accommodate any user weight?
Most stair lifts handle up to a 300 lb capacity. Some manufacturers offer stair lifts up to 375 lb capacity.
Electric Home Stair Chair Lift PROMISES.
We PROMISE to get you the best PRICE.
We PROMISE that no one will CARE more about getting you the right Electric Home Stair Chair Lift Model.
We PROMISE to give you the best SERVICE after the sale. (we have our own Residential Home Stair Chair Lift Technician on Staff)
We PROMISE to keep your contact information PRIVATE. We will NEVER compile, sell, rent or share your Name and Information with anyone. Your PRIVACY is always our utmost concern. We will NOT "Sales Harass" you either. We do even put your information on our own list!
We PROMISE to KNOW more about the Residential Electric StairLifts than anyone else:
We were the FIRST! Electric Home Care Products Company. In fact, we invented the Industry!
At Electropedic® Beds, Promises are not just a matter of good intentions: PROMISES ARE EVERYTHING!
We appreciate that Cost is a key factor for everyone, whether you are a millionaire or are primarily living off Social Security.